Our Lady of the Cape

Quebec, Canada (1879) 

 

Notre-Dame-du-Cap is most famous for two miracles. In 1879 the pastor instructed his congregation to pray  the rosary in order to obtain ice to cross the river so that materials and tools could be brought to the site. Pieces  of ice floated downstream from Lake St-Pierre, forming  a “rosary bridge” across the St. Lawrence River. On  June 22, 1888, three men were in the chapel in prayer  when they witnessed the eyes of the statue open and  close. News of the event quickly spread and the fame of the miraculous image  spread. The feast day of  Notre-Dame-du-Cap is celebrated on August 15th.

 

Text and image used with permission.
Source: "365 Days with Mary" by Michael O'Neill

Download the free "365 Days with Mary" app

365 Days with Mary

Listen to "365 Days with Mary" each week on The Miracle Hunter® on EWTN Radio