Icon of the Mother of God of Yaroslavl
Russia (1501)
Following the Tatar invasions of the 1200s under Khan Bam, Princes Vassily and Konstantin Vsevoiodovich of Yaroslavl restored many Orthodox churches. In 1501, to honor the two saints, Grand Duke Ivan the Great of Moscow ordered a stone church built, in which their domestic icons were hung above their incorrupt remains. One of these was the image that became known as the Yaroslavl Mother of God, whose feast day is June 21 (June 8 in the Julian calendar).
Text and image used with permission.
Source: "365 Days with Mary" by Michael O'Neill
Download the free "365 Days with Mary" app
Listen to "365 Days with Mary" each week on The Miracle Hunter® on EWTN Radio